Friday, May 30, 2014

High Expectations + Low Expectations

Since new years, my life has had it's ups and downs, just like everyone. The wave of excitement that reaches it's peak on how life can be great, then suddenly goes down into the dirt just as fast as the excitement hits. And that's just how life goes and it's just something we all have to deal with.

Let's get to the point of this post shall we.

I was invited to go to a, how do we call it, a simple showcase. Where one would express their thanks to those who have supported them for all the years they were active, and such. Being a natural introvert who craves for human interaction from time to time. I accepted this invitation hoping it would open some opportunities for the future. I hoped that I would have an awesome time. I hoped that if I attended, the event would have a huge impact on me and on my life. I hoped that when it was over, inspiration and motivation to do much more with my life would grow and stabilize itself for a few days. I hoped I would grab the emotions that float around when I go to events like these. But I guess hoped for too much.

This is all internally, and has nothing to do with the event's atmosphere or the people. This is all just how I take in the event and how my subconscious decided to take in all in, but hasn't fully decided whether this event was something good or something bad.

I walked out of that house feeling numb, stunned, and unaccomplished. When I wanted to feel inspired, hopeful, and satisfied. The entire drive home, I was pondering on the reasons why I felt like I felt nothing but mostly numbness for what had just happened. My thoughts then moved towards the idea that I had expected too much from this event, when it was just a small piece of gratitude from an amazing artist. And of course I despise myself for feeling this way towards a special event such as this.

Let us accept what had happened, accept that the emotions what were built up high had been built but had also been broken down into something that will grown to become much larger.

It's okay to expect too much, but weary for how high your expectations grow fore it may be painfully confusing to feel your expectations getting tossed into the ground to feel undone.

I hope you all had a wonderful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment