It's a very simple concoction that helps with cleansing all the toxins in your body.
Cut both lemon and lime into 1 mm or half a milimeter slices.
Take out the seeds (we don't want those seeds floating around do we)
Drop the lemon and lime into a bottle or jar that you wouldn't mind using for 48 hours.
Add in the water
Stir it around a bit, and you're done!
This lasts for 48 hours and can be refilled.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
My uncle was the one who introduced this to my mother, who then introduced this to me. Honestly, I wanted to try it out because I thought it looked pretty. With all that yellow and lime green color... (Bright colors.. O.O)
This is what I found when I did some research on it.
The Ten Reasons Why
1) The warm lemon water helps purify and stimulate the liver. (Yay liver!) Lemon/lime water liquefies bile while inhibiting excess bile flow.
2) Warm lemon/lime water aids digestion. It's atomic composition is similar to saliva and the hydrochloric acid of digestive juices.
3) The liver produces more enzymes from lemon/lime water than any other food.
4) The lemon/lime water helps bowels eliminate naturally and easily. (I am currently waiting for this to happen)
5) Lemons and limes are high in potassium. Potassium is an important mineral that works with sodium for smooth electrical transmission in the brain and nervous system. Depression, anxiety, fogginess, and forgetfulness can often be traced to low potassium blood levels. (Negativity BE GONE!) That same nervous system needs potassium to assure steady signals to the heart. So your heart health is improved from the lemon water's potassium.
6) Calcium and magnesium are plentiful in good ratio to each other in lemon/lime water. Magnesium is important for heart health and calcium prevents rickets.
7) Lemon/lime water can help lower blood pressure.
8) Lemon/lime water has an alkalizing effect in the body as it is buffered. Even if you drink it just before any meal, it will help your body maintain a higher pH than if you didn't drink it. The higher or more alkaline your pH, the more your inner terrain is resistant to minor and major disease.
9) Helps dilute uric acid, which if it accumulates it creates arthritic pain or gout.
10) Helps reduce phlegm in the body. (Ew...phlegm)
Here is the link to rest of the article:- http://www.naturalnews.com/033383_lemon_juice_digestion.html#ixzz2YkZsfwS9
I drink this while I'm working out - I don't really know how relevant that was to this entire blog post but yeaah... xD
It's good for ya! Try it out! xD
It'll keep you healthy!