Friday, June 28, 2013

Perfect Teeth, Loosing 4 kg, and everything else.

Last week, I got my braces. I got my bottom ones first then a few days later I got my top ones put in. I personally hate going to the dentist. I pulled out all of my baby teeth on my own, except one, when my mom forced me to go to the dentist and let the orthodontist pull it out of me. She didn't even give me a shot and I ready started crying my eyes out. I'm scared of needles in my mouth.

Due to terrible past events or occurrences during my childhood, I was left growing up with something called "Tongue Thrust". Where my tongue is just...I can't explain it. Google it.

Due to my Tongue Thrust, the orthodontist put in a barrier that will stop my tongue from pushing my front teeth out.

The first few days, my tongue was confused, swollen, my teeth hurt like hell, and I could barely eat anything solid. So I ended up eating all things squishy and liquid. Which meant; Oatmeal, Soup, Noodles, Yogurt, and Ice Cream.

That is the reason why I lost 4 kg in a such a short period. I could only eat things that are liquid and squishy. It was a pain. I was depressed for the entire week.

But things did turn out okay. I'm used to my braces, and I can see a big change in my teeth just in a week. Soon I'll have the perfect teeth I've been dreaming about.

At the beginning of the month, I was 72kg. I've been 72kg since the beginning for the year, and honestly I didn't think about it. I didn't really think about my weight as much as I did last year, and the year before that. I just let things flow. I went to the gym. I eat how I thought I was eat if I were my perfect weight. And I accepted who I was.

But loosing 4 kg in less than a month. It was just exciting and scary at the same time. After finally accepting that I am now 68kg, I have to be honest and say that I am terrified for gaining weight again. I haven't been 68kg in years. I try to focus on the good things.

Tip: If you've recently lost a lot of weight, and you're terrified to gain all that weight back, think of the good outcomes of it.
 - You look fabulous
 - You're lighter
 - Most clothes fit you perfectly
 - You feel great
 - You feel a lot more confident about yourself and your looks.

That's what I'm trying to focus on.

Everyone says that I've lost a lot. They actually see it - and that is what triggered my fear of gaining weight. But I am going to keep going, and I'm going to push through my fear. This is my body, and I can do what I want with it.

So determined... ahahaha

I'm going to a party later and I'm nervous, excited, and doubting whether I should go or not. But again, I am going to push through my fears and go. I need to get out of my comfort zone and go to a party with out the sister who is always looking out for me. I've decided to be the responsible one and the majorly confident one, and try to be shameless. Like Shameless Maya on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/shamelessmaya

Y'all should check her out. She is my inspiration to be confident in myself and to be shameless.

Okay this is getting too long.

My most precious advice I could give anyone, when they're going through hard times or not so hard times is to "Always think about the good things, before & after".

And one more thing I forgot to mention, I've started meditating before I sleep, and it helps me a lot. It calms my mind and my emotions. I keeps me still and really helps. I meditate using the mantra from Eat, Pray, Love "Om Namah Shivaya" which means "I honor the divinity within me". It's a great mantra.

Meditating before bed or in the morning is a great habit. It really helps when you're depressed, angry, scared or stressed. 

Love yourself, Love all!
Thank you!
Have a great day everyone! <3 br="">

2 comments:

  1. Remember, weight is something that pleases others. Please yourself firts.

    ReplyDelete